If you're engaged with the food community on instagram, you've probably seen an uprise of cauliflower smoothies and posts on how to make your smoothies as low sugar as possible. I am all for people eating the things that they want and love, but I realized that I actually don't love putting cauliflower in my smoothies as much as I love putting banana in my smoothies. So, while I try to be mindful of my sugar intake, I also know that I want to eat things I actually love and that bananas have plenty of good stuff in them and this is all to say that it's so important to figure out what actually works and feels/tastes good for YOUR body and not just jump on a health trend (*raises hand*) because someone you admire is doing it. I love sneaking greens into smoothies when I can, but this smoothie is purely fruit because that's what I was in the mood for and that is O.K.!
BLUEBERRY COCONUT SMOOTHIE
- 1 cup milk of choice (I used cashew milk)
- 1 handful frozen blueberries
- a few chunks of frozen coconut (TJ's sells this in bags already chunked!)
- protein powder of choice (I use Further Food collagen peptides - you can get some with my discount cookbookish10 or just use whatever works/tastes good for you)
- 1 tsp Bulletproof Brain Octane (basically very concentrated coconut oil - not necessary but I love this stuff)
- topped with Pearl Butter (more coconut!) and freeze dried raspberries